Tortilla Pizza Recipe
What are two great meals? If you answered anything other than Fajitas and Pizza you are wrong for the purpose of this article. So what a genius idea it would be to combine these two things together (no, it is not called a Calzone). This is what I did twice last week and the results are amazing!
I found this meal quite by accident as I happened to have some left over Tortillas from Fajitas I had made a few days earlier. To make a long story short I am going to go straight to the production of this delicious food.
2 x Tortillas
1 x Pepper
1 x Onion
Pieces of Chicken
Slices of Ham
Some Tomato Puree
Some Garlic Granules
Clearly the list can change as it would be perfectly fine to just make a “Cheese and Tomato” pizza. Well I say perfectly fine but it would really be a travesty to mankind itself if you made one of those when any other ingredients are lying around.
Total Cost: Variable – although I had all of these ingredients going to waste so nothing really. At the most, split up, probably around £1 ($1.6) of food was used.
Total Calories: Around 600 kcal.
Healthy Living: Surprisingly this is a pretty healthy meal, delivering a good amount of protein and mixture of vegetables with limited sodium, carbohydrates and fats (depending on how liberal you are with the cheese). Far, far healthier than a frozen pizza or takeout meal. Watch out for the Cheese though, use low fat if possible but if not then use cheese liberally as it will contain high amounts of fats and saturated fats.
1. Place some cheese in between the two tortillas so that they will stick together easier. WARNING: Using only 1 tortilla is possible but limit the amount of toppings as not to have the tortilla tear and your food go everywhere, making you look like a complete idiot and wasting all of that yummy goodness.
2. Next add the tomato puree to the top tortilla. (It is also possible to weld the two tortillas together using puree but this does not work as good).
3. Sprinkle a tiny amount of cheese to the bottom; do not cover the pizza at this point. Be wary of the cheese as it will contain immense amounts of saturated fats!
4. Chop the vegetables, ham and chicken into smaller pieces if you haven’t already done that. If you have, then congratulations you smart arsed bastard.
5. Place the vegetables, ham and chicken onto the tortilla and spread evenly.
6. Coat the vegetables in garlic granules or crushed garlic and paprika for that extra taste!
7. Finally sprinkle a tiny amount of cheese on top once again as to bond the whole thing together.
8. Cook in a pre-heated oven for around 7 minutes.
WARNING: I cooked the chicken beforehand; alternatively buy some pre-cooked sandwich chicken in a pack. If you do not follow this warning then you are an idiot and should probably seek medical advice or connect your fingers to the back of your throat immediately.
9. Eat and enjoy.